2007-05-21

More Wakehurst

This is one of the places in the garden where I often have my lunch, with George (below) who often stops in for handouts.

Occasionaly George's wife stops in as well, although she is a little shy; and I think a bit brighter than George.




Catharine and Bea, both forgein visitors, Bea is from Spain and Catharine is from Scotland. I wonder what she is doing at the seed bank since all they have in Scotland is heather.




Chloe is from France, and has helped me with some of my experiments. Here she is preparing lunch for everyone by cooking quail eggs in the water bath.




Meet Tom, above on a good day and below on a bad day. Tom, does great impressions of Americans and terrible ones of Canadians. Tom, Catharine and Cloe are what they call here gap students. They take a year out of their studies and work to get expereince; this is paid work (unlike me, I work free). They finish their contracts in late August.





Another lunch spot below, the old stable building with Wisteria sinensis and Wisteria chinensis in bloom.













The bluebells (Hyacinthoides non-scriptus) in the arboretum at Wakehurst.







The English Robin.









No comments: